Scratch Coding – Why Choose Us?
- 100% Live Instruction – we actively teach your child the entire time
- students do not watch pre recorded videos…
- 25+ years of combined experience – your child is paired with expert certified computer science instructors
- Small class sizes – your child has fewer distractions. Our focus is your child.
- Personalization – lessons tailored for your child’s individual learning style.
- Flexible scheduling – learning happens when it’s most convenient for you.
- Resources – we’ve created the most effective curriculum and use the latest Scratch version
Beginner & intermediate students dive into coding using Scratch, a child friendly programming language created by MIT. Our online Scratch coding classes teach students to apply coding fundamentals such as conditionals, cloning, data validation, variables, and artificial intelligence. Your child will create interactive drawing apps, Minecraft and Pokemon related projects, colorful musical animations, and even design and code their own versions of fun video games such as Asteroids, Floppy Bird, Crossy Road, Space Invaders…
- Our coding software is web based so you will NOT need to install or download any CODING software for the class.
- A computer (Windows, Mac or Chromebook) with internet access.
- No iPad/ Android tablets as they do not support coding projects with keyboard actions.
- We use ZOOM to share our projects in real time. It’s simple to setup.
- You will be emailed a custom Zoom link and simple setup instructions prior to the class.
Scratch – Level 1:
Recommended ages: 7-15
Join our first online Scratch coding class for kids. Students program their own interactive animations, creative stories, musical based projects, interactive drawing apps, Minecraft and Among Us related projects, and dynamic video games such as Maze, Pong, and Geometry Dash using the block-based programming language developed by MIT. Students apply programming concepts such as: loops, data validation, variables, and cloning. Our small class sizes allow instructors to closely guide students and also keep them appropriately challenged. Even children that have been previously exposed to Scratch elsewhere benefit from enrolling in our Scratch Level 1 class since our content is more comprehensive than most other introductory Scratch courses found elsewhere. As a result, students develop a stronger and deeper foundation, and will feel more comfortable and confident coding more complex projects later on. This class also helps prepare students for our more advanced Scratch Level 2 class in which they create more complex video games and higher level interactive projects.
Scratch – Level 2:
Recommended ages: 7-15
Recommended Prerequisite: Scratch Level 1
Join our second, more advanced online Scratch coding class for kids. Children typically go from Scratch Level 1 to Scratch Level 2. This class consists of more sophisticated software coding projects, which students develop using the block-based programing language developed by MIT. Students apply more complex concepts such as: functions, nested loops, recursive algorithms, booleans, and artificial intelligence. Our small class sizes allow instructors to closely guide students and also keep them appropriately challenged. Students create their own versions of fun dynamic video games such as Pacman, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Floppy Bird, Crossy Road, and other interactive animated projects. Scratch classes prepare students for our advanced text-based classes such as a Java and Python.
Limited Time Group Discount:
Group Discount: In addition to our sale prices, we offer an additional 10% discount and a possible custom time for parent organized groups of 2 or more .
Contact us for details.
8 weeks (1 hr/week):
Easy to Book!
1. Select a day and time
2. Click on your selection and pick your own starting date!
Make up class: If you are unable to attend a specific class because of a conflict, your instructor will arrange a make up class